APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Starboard is hiring an intern to join our Environmental team.
Firstly, Starboard is hiring as our environmental projects are growing! Above all, this is great news for the planet and great news for you if you are looking to gain hands-on experience in the environmental and sporting world!
Therefore, we are on the search for someone who has a genuine care for the health of the planet, who believes in themselves to make a positive impact and for a lasting change.
If you are not afraid to challenge yourself and throw yourself into the depths of the environmental rabbit holes to find solutions for our industry (and more) then keep reading about how to join the B-Corp Company, Starboard.
You will not only be part of the Starboard team leading the way in sustainability, but will also assist with our new apparel brand SOMWR, collaborate with eco-partners, educational systems, and explore connections across other industries and realms too. This is certainly an opportunity to be part of something bigger, to take action on global issues our oceans and planet are facing today. All to keep life on the planet to be as livable as possible for all generations to come.
In addition, the person Starboard is hiring for will need to be creative, a quick learner, adaptable, extremely well organised, good personal time management, a high level of attention to detail and good at mathematics.
Everyone is welcome to apply.
This full-time intern position is a rich unique learning experience with an opportunity to join the Starboard dream team in Thailand. In addition, Starboard is hiring for someone to start within September/October 2020, and who can commit to a minimum of 12 months. Although specific education in the environmental sector is not required, previous work experience within the field is preferred. Overall we are looking for someone who has a pure passion for the protection of our planet and is seeking to make a positive contribution to Starboard’s mission of being ‘the best in the world and the best for the world’ and who knows they can positively contribute to the team.
Please note due to COVID restrictions this position is likely to start remotely and then be based over in Thailand once suitable for both parties. Moreover, you must have a strong and stable internet connection.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creation and management of environmental projects
- Support on all current projects
- General team contribution and support
- Content/article writing support on Blue News
- Support to calculate the Starboard’s Carbon Footprint and sponsored event carbon footprint
- Mathematical support on the calculation of our Plastic Footprint
- Leading and developing environmental education for Starboard employees at Thailand Headquarters
- Environmental research and report creating
- Event support for conference/event days
- Event management/support/attendance for community days which may include weekends
- Genuine passion to help protect our environment and ocean playground
- Experience on environmental projects would be beneficial
- Basic Microsoft Office / Google Drive understanding
- A ‘Go Getter’, creative, quick learner, adaptable attitude
- Must be very well organised, great time management
- Ability to work efficiently independently and within a larger team
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong at mathematics
- Driven and determined to find solutions
- Personally living a sustainable lifestyle. (e.g. avoids the use of single-use plastics, sustainable purchasing choices, considers carbon footprint.)
Role Type: Full-Time Internship
Duration: Minimum agreement of 12 months
Working Days: Monday – Friday, some weekend attendance is required during events
Reports to: Eco Projects Manager Tasmin Chilcott
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We will only contact those who are the best fit for the role for an initial interview. Due to this being an environmental role we ask you to be eco-conscious. Please send over thorough information to us in your initial email. For example, send only one email that includes all information, reduce file size to the lowest possible, send files at the lowest possible size too, every small action matters!